It’s Small Business Month and with help from the NSW Small Business Commission, Business Lismore presents a mini business expo in the CBD.
The Lismore community will be invited to meet local businesses of all kinds, learn about products and services in a friendly and relaxed format, and enjoy shopping with many of our unique local retailers.
If you’re a business in 2480, you can apply for a display space or take advantage of any of the resources available to you! It’s free but display space is limited so contact us now at email@example.com for more info, or use the form at the end of the page to register for a space or other resources.
This event will be well supported in the run up, and on the day with flyers, flag, maps, and other materials along with social media and radio.
You can read about the participating businesses at lismorechamber.com.au/weve-got-a-great-lineup-of-businesses-for-our-mini-expo-on-30-november/.
When is it on?
- Wednesday 30 November 2022 from 3pm through to about 7pm.
Where will it be on?
- It will be centered around the Strand and Starcourt Arcades. We will have display space available, and will be encouraging visitors/customers/enquirers not only talk to the businesses and services but to take a walk around the CBD and stay and have dinner or a snack.
Why the Arcades?
- This was one of the quickest (and cost effective) ways to get this expo happening quickly and the arcade spaces lead you through to the back alley gallery, Keen Street and on to the Quad and other points of interest around the whole block. Other arcades and spaces were considered but unfortunately there was not enough ‘flow’ space or they are not easily accessible.
Does my business have to be in the CBD?
- No! In fact, we’d encourage businesses from outside of the CBD or those who have not yet opened, to register for a table. You may be a work from home business, a tradie, service-based, online, or bricks and mortar … as long as you’re in the 2480 LGA, we’d love to welcome you. That of course includes North/East/South Lismore, Nimbin, Bexhill, Goolmangar, Clunes, and a host of other locations in the LGA.
How many spaces will be available?
- We’re not putting a definite number on this – we will accommodate as many businesses as we can, but it will be a case of first in first served.
What if my business is already open?
- That’s fantastic! We will be creating a map and combining that with social posts so you won’t miss out. You can get any of the resources that are available – just remember to let us know (and make sure you’re on the ‘What’s Open’ list!)
Do I need to be a Chamber member?
- Nope. Any business can take part.
How is this being funded?
- Business Lismore was successful in obtaining a $5,000 grant which ensures there is no cost to participating businesses.
Is Business After Hours on this month?
- Our event will incorporate BAH – it’ll just be a little bit different!
- Tables – if you need a table for your display, please let us know when you register.
- Banners/flags/flyers/window decals – let us know if you’d like some! These will be printed based on what you tell us!
- Christmas lights and tips for decorating your shop window for Christmas so it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg! There will be a workshop as well dependant on interest but there will be decorations available for you to use regardless.
- We’ll have a roving photographer in the CBD
- Who doesn’t love Christmas carols … we’ll have some roving carollers to bring some musical cheer!
- We’ll be doing a radio campaign in the run up – initially to attract businesses, but this will shift focus to encourage the general public to visit the CBD – an ideal place for Christmas shopping.
- We’ll also be doing social media sponsored posts but we need content from you, the wonderful businesses who have reopened. Send us a post and image and we can post to the Chamber channels, or if you tag us we’ll share from there.
- If you have any ads running or other promotions, please let us know so we can share for you too.
- And we’ll be using the “What’s Open” list more and more, so please make sure you’re included.
Stay tuned for updates – more is planned but yet to be finalised and will also lead in to Lismore City Council’s soon to be announced December activities.