Business After Hours Networking (BAH)
Where else can you get 100+ potential customers together at one time in a relaxed social environment and still talk shop? BAH networking functions puts you in touch with like-minded people who want to build their business.
Networking the Lismore Chamber way does not involve sales pitches or business cards being thrust in your face. It is about making authentic connections and finding out how you can help one another.
BAH is hosted by a different member business on the 4th Wednesday each month (click to see the event calendar). If you would like to host BAH, fill out the quick form right of page, or please contact us!
Members and their guests must RSVP to attend and members are advised by email about the next event. If you’re not a member (and possibly don’t know anyone who is), but would like to attend BAH, please get in touch!
- Lucky Door Prize. The host business provides a sample of their goods/service. If you are going to buy or obtain a lucky door prize from another business, please make sure that it is from another member business.
- Container/Box to place Business Cards into.
- Entrance Table to be provided. This will be at the entrance to hold name tags, attendee list and Business Card holder.
- Wine and Beer (light, soda water to dilute wine), non-alcoholic beverages (juice, sparkling apple cider) to be provided.
- Finger Food to be provided.
- Staff required on the night, a minimum of 2.
Support from LCCI
- Marketing of the BAH event and Host Business
- Invitations to all Members
- Administration of RSVP’s
- Administration of event management
- Name Tags, Attendee List
- Support to Host Business
Typical Schedule for Business After Hours
5:00pm Host Business sets up Finger Food, Wine and Flyers/Brochures. The Lismore Chamber of Commerce Executive Officer will arrive with Name Tags and attendee List.
5:15pm Lismore Chamber of Commerce Board Members arrive.
5:30pm Members start arriving. The Host and LCoC Executive Officer, welcome each member. Executive Officer ticks off member and obtains Name Tag. Members are offered or pointed in direction of Finger Food, beverages and opportunity to socialize, network in a comfortable and non-threating environment.
6:00pm LCoC representative welcomes everyone and Introduction of new members. Update on any key issues if relevant and information on upcoming events and introduces the Host.
6:05pm Host then has 15-20mins to showcase their Business to members.
6:20pm LCoC representative thanks the Host. Members continue networking and socializing.
Networking Points to Remember
- No judgment! Remember that you never know who you are talking to you, who they know, how your lives might connect in the future.
- Networking isn’t about getting your elevator pitch out there in 2 minutes or else. Find commonality with the other person first, once you build a connection with someone the possibilities are endless!
- Follow-up! If you don’t follow up a good connection then the whole networking event was really just socialising not networking at all.
Pics by Flawless Imaging of last night’s hugely successful BAH hosted by Southern Cross Credit Union. Catering by Sharon. Thank you Josh for introducing us to Tinder for Business! And thank you to everyone who attended, see you next month.
Absolute cracking turnout, with around 100 guests at our first BAH for this year hosted by Novaskill at the cosy The Bank Cafe, Lismore. The Rediscover Lismore campaign was also launched (see the video on the home page or on Youtube).
We celebrated our end of year at the Lismore Regional Gallery - a beautiful new space in the centre of town. Around 100 people attended and enjoyed the opportunity to unwind and reflect on what has been a big year! Thanks to Gallery Director, Brett Adlington, for...