Notice is hereby given to all members of Lismore Chamber of Commerce & Industry that an extraordinary general meeting will be held on Wednesday, 13 February 2019 for the purpose of conducting a by-election to fill the six current vacancies on the Board of Directors
Date: Wednesday 13th February
Venue: Lismore Workers Club – 231 Keen Street Lismore
The election process for new board representatives will occur as follows:
- Wednesday 23rd January – 21 days’ Notice given and call for nominations
- Wednesday 6th February – Deadline for nominations
- Thursday 7th February –List of nominations received distributed to members
- Wednesday 13th February – Special General Meeting and election* held as follows
*if more than 6 nominations are received a secret ballot will be held, if less than 6 nominations are received those nominations are accepted unopposed and further nominations can be submitted from the floor on the night.
Nominations must be received by 4pm Wednesday 6th February
Nominees must submit:
- the completed nomination form which has been endorsed by two full and financial members
- together with the questionnaire (two questions on page 2 of nomination form) and
- a photograph
Details of how to submit form are on the form which can be downloaded here LCCI Board Nomination Form 2019
This will be distributed to all members in order to give sufficient information on which to base their vote.
If you have any questions regarding the workload of directors, nomination process, endorsement process or anything else, please contact Elise Taylor during office hours (Monday – Thursday 9am – 4pm)
The interim board pledged to maintain the vital role of the LCCI in promoting the economic and business interests of Lismore. The interim board have undertaken a period of renewal and are eager to see the diversity of our city businesses reflected in the makeup up the LCCI board of directors.
The interim board encourages all members to vote and engage in the renewal and growth of LCCI. The interim board encourages local businesses – small and large – that are not currently members of LCCI to join ahead of the extraordinary meeting to help ensure we remain a powerful and representative voice for all of Lismore’s Industry and Commerce.