In what has been widely publicised as a win for small Business in Lismore the Lismore Chamber of Commerce is encouraging Businesses to act swiftly in order to claim their share of the $250,000 available through the LCC Business Flood Grant programme that is being funded as part of the $1.5million NSW State Government pledge to assist in the revitalisation of the CBD.
Whilst we welcome and support all initiatives to drive the economic recovery and growth of the region we are concerned that the time frame for application of this grant funding is going to make it difficult for businesses to submit successful applications that meet all required criteria, particularly in circumstances where the proposed works require any form of Building or planning permits or engineering reports.
The Chamber is encouraging Businesses to think outside the box to come up with innovative ideas that can be planned and implemented quickly to ensure the deadlines are met. We also encourage our members to share their ideas with us so we can get the word out.
- Are you a Business that has already implemented “Flood ready” Changes?
- Are you an innovator with “Flood Ready” products/ideas that would like to get your product to market?
- Are you a Builder or trades-person that can hit the ground running and get these projects completed in 6 months?
- Are you a social media influencer that can help us get the word out?
- Are you a Business Banker that can offer support or ideas around funding prior to reimbursement?
- Are you a town planner that can assist with DA’s?
- Would you like to apply for the grant but don’t know where to start?
We want to hear from you all!! This grant funding is an opportunity to inject $250,000 into our local economy whilst providing tangible benefits to local Businesses so we encourage everyone to get onboard, get involved and make the most of this opportunity. The Lismore Chamber of Commerce and Industry is here to support you and your Business so please get in touch and let us know how we can help. Applications close 4pm (AEST) Tuesday, 15 September 2020.
To access the Business Flood Grant Guidelines Click Here
To Apply please do so via the Lismore City Council website Click Here
You can also get more information or discuss your application by contacting:
Council’s Economic Development Manager on 1300 87 83 87.