RICHMOND TWEED REGION 2 April 2017 2:15am
An Evacuation Order remains current for Lismore CBD, and North and South Lismore.
NSW SES advise that all residents and business owners are to remain outside of the Lismore CBD until further notice.
After significant flooding the Lismore CBD is considered as dangerous with potential electrical and structural hazards including hazardous materials left behind by receding floodwaters. There are a number of important assessments that must first be made including:
- Floodwater has drained from the area
- Structural integrity of buildings inspected by Engineering Services
- Energy and essential services inspected by suppliers
- Inspection and removal of hazardous materials by Fire and Rescue NSW
- Roads infrastructure and debris clearance of access roads
NSW SES is working closely with all the functional services to undertake these assessments as quickly as possible in a staged approach.
Once assessments have been completed, NSW SES will issue an ‘All Clear’ when it is deemed safe for residents and businesses to return.
Media Contact: Brad Morris | 6625 7716