Lismore CBD – Community Message (1/4/17)
- Major Flooding is still occurring along the Wilsons River at Lismore where the river peaked near 11.60 meters early on Friday morning.
- Minor flooding is still occurring along the Richmond River at Wiangaree and Kyogle.
- Major flooding is still occurring at Coraki and Bungawalbyn, with moderate flooding at Woodburn.
- All readings along the Wilsons River appear to be steady to falling. Weather predictions for today indicate that the weather will bring a shower or two along the coast, however Sunday may bring more frequent showers throughout the region.
Evacuation Orders still remain current for Lismore CBD, Lismore North and Lismore South, and we recommend that residents and business owners remain outside of Lismore until an Evacuation All Clear has been issued.
An Evacuation Centre is still running at the Southern Cross University located on Military Road in East Lismore.
If you require emergency assistance or evacuation, please contact emergency services immediately on triple zero (000), or the NSW SES for assistance with flood and storms.
Please be sure to stay informed of current weather and evacuation information from the following:
- NSW State Emergency Service – www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- Road Closure information – www.myroadinfo.com
- Local Radio Stations as follows:
ABC North 94.5FM
Radio 2LM 104.3FM
River FM 92.9FM
NIM FM 102.3FM
Richmond Valley Radio 88.9FM
Please stay safe, stay vigilant, and please never drive through flood waters.
Never drive, ride or walk in floodwater!
For emergency help in floods and storms, call NSW SES on 132 500