Please Join Us!
- Tuesday 14 June 2022 at 3pm – 5pm
- Location: Southern Cross University – Enterprise Lab Block A, Level 3, at the Business Hub [map]
- Register your attendance here: eventbrite.com.au/e/358155491717
We’ve all been asking the questions –
- How do we build back better?
- What materials give us a better shot at resilience in the future?
Join us for an informative and example led session with JDA Co. the preferred architecture and design practice for governments, councils and private enterprises adapting urban environments to withstand floods, cyclones, bushfires, storm surges and extreme heat.
- An understanding of best practice building for resilience
- List of suggested wetproof building materials
- The opportunity to better understand solutions for your unique situation
James, Davidson, founder and Principal of JDA Co, is a delivery partner of Brisbane Sustainability Agency for the roll out of the Flood Resilient Homes Program for the Brisbane City Council — Australia’s largest local government authority. The Queensland Reconstruction Authority, that leads the state’s disaster recovery and resilience programs, also partners with JDA Co. to deliver flood-resilient building guidelines.
Sam Bowstead, Associate Architect is passionate about using design, design thinking and design advocacy to create a better built environment. Sam has been involved in the practice’s climate adaptation work since its inception and wrote his award-winning Masters thesis on flood-resilient housing in Brisbane. He has held various research positions at The University of Queensland.
James and Sam will present ways we can tackle refit, refurbish and rebuild of commercial premises so that as a community we can be more resilient and adaptive in the face of increasing climate risk, and future storm and flood events.
Attendees will then be invited to participate in an open Q&A session.