After seeing the quality of entrants and subsequent finalists in the 2021 Lismore Business Awards, the Business NSW judging panel had a tough job! We are now incredibly excited to share the winners announcements made in the just-finished presentation ceremony.
“The resilience of the Lismore business community is ever present, no more so than this year. Despite nearly every setback, and we’ve had a few over the last few years, we bounce back, and these awards recognise that. I’m so excited for the winning businesses, and hope their success in the awards gives their business a boost. I’m looking forward to visiting each one along with our finalists, to present certificates and congratulate everyone in person.” said Chamber President, Ellen Kronen.
At an online presentation on Thursday 19 August 2021, which was admittedly different, but no less social, winners were announced by Jane Laverty, Regional Manager for Business NSW Northern Rivers. We were joined by Member for Lismore, Janelle Saffin MP, Mayor Vanessa Ekins, Deputy Mayor Neil Marks, Councillor Elly Bird, and Northern Rivers Conservatorium Chair, Jenny Dowell. It was a full ‘room’ with 70+ guests including, finalists, some very excited winners, and their guests. We are all looking forward to our in-person celebration in October.
“It is extremely exciting to see Lismore businesses recognised for being businesses of excellence and as a community coming together (virtually) to shine a light on their success. Business NSW has enjoyed partnering with the Lismore Chamber of Commerce to embed the highest level of integrity into their Awards program with a world class entry portal and independent judging panels. We look forward to seeing Team Lismore winners now progress through to the Regional Awards as finalists in September and hopefully the State stage in November. Congratulations again to all of the finalists and the winners, you and your teams should be so very proud.” Jane Laverty, Regional Manager Business NSW Northern Rivers Jane Laverty, Regional Manager Business NSW Northern Rivers.
Our winners are:
- Agriculture and Primary Industries: Five Sixty Farms
- Business and Professional Services: Connect Business Solutions
- Health, Care and Wellness Industries: Summit Sport and Fitness Centre
- Retail and Personal Services: Lazuli and Co
- Trade, Construction and Manufacturing: Simply Clean
- Outstanding Dining and Hospitality: The Pickled Herd
- Outstanding Employee: Angela Bontea, Caspa Services AND Brad Ambridge, Armsign
- Outstanding Young Business Leader: Levi Loughlin, Herne’s Security
- Outstanding Business Leader: Hayley Brown, Warrior Refrigeration/Horne’s Gas & Plumbing
- Employer of Choice: Lazuli and Co
- Outstanding Community Organisation: Friends of the Koala with Highly Commended going to Ngunya Jarjum, Lifeline Northern NSW, and Northern Rivers Conservatorium
- Outstanding Start Up: Hanging Rock Flowers
- Excellence in Micro Business: Lazuli and Co, with Highly commended going to Fitness Manoeuvres
- Excellence in Small Business: Simply Clean
- Excellence in Business: Summit Sport and Fitness Centre
And Business of the Year for 2021? We will all have to wait for that announcement at our celebration in October.
Congratulations to everyone on an outstanding achievement. We will be following your progress through to the Business NSW Regional Business Awards on 18 September.
As always, thanks to our naming rights sponsor, The LIsmore App.
More at the Lismore Business Awards.