Dear Lismore Business and Residents,
On behalf of the LightnUp Inc Board and Lantern Parade Team I would like to tell you about our plans for the Lismore Lantern Parade this year and seek your feedback and support. If you have any problems with our plans or ideas to improve things for everyone, please let us know – soon!
2023 see us celebrate 29 years of bringing light to the heart of the city. We are still finding our way after the Great Floods of 22 as are many of you, but we feel the Lantern Parade brings fo much joy and positivity to our community THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!
The theme this year is « Gates of Renewal » which reflects the history of the event which celebrates Winter Solstice, the change from the longest nights to the return of the sun – known as liminal space, where optimism and magic happen. We hope this will bring positivity and happiness to our community.
INFORMATION – Road Closures 24th June
- Magellan St from Keen – Dawson St, 6am – 6.30pm (Access Lismore City Motor Inn open)
- Hampton Lane – from Magellan – carpark entry. 6am – 6.30pm
Market deLight and Heartbeats Stage
- Magellan St from Molesworth St – Keen St, 6am – Midnight
- Carrington St from Country Lane to Magellan St 6am – Midnight. (Keen St and Carrington St business rear access from Keen via Larkin Lane)
- Carrington St from Magellan St – Woolworths ramp, 12 NOON 23 June – 9am 25 June
- Molesworth St from Magellan St to Bounty St, 4.00pm – 6.30pm
- Market St, Victoria St to Boat Ramp – 6am – 9.00pm
- Riverside Park 6.30pm – 7.30pm (also closed for set up from 17th June
Lismore businesses are invited to participated in the delightful WINDOW & business decoration in partnership with Business Lismore and LisAmore Italian Festival. More information following soon.
All Lismore businesses are invited to participate in the Market deLight or promote your business on our website. Market applications will be available on line very soon at www.lanternparade.com
You are also most welcome to ‘sponsor’ a lantern and join in the parade with your name on a parade sign. Send us an email.
If you have any concerns about our plans – let’s talk.
If you would jike to join our team and help get this show on the road we would love to hear from you too !!
Wishing you all the best and hope that our wonderful event is a positive experience for everyone.
Jyllie Jackson OAM